11 March 2013

Sweets and Treats - Chocolate Cake

swedish chocolate cake / chocolate molten cake / chocolate cupcake / chocolate souffle
I don't really bake but these chocolate cakes look so delicious I thought I'd give it a go.

Here's my version of the chocolate molten cake, maybe not as molten as it should be but it tasted pretty good for a first attempt. I changed the recipe a bit as I wanted it to be dairy free, here's what I used:

200g dark chocolate
4 tbsp dairy free sunflower spread
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2cup flour

Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave, whisk the eggs and sugar together in a separate bowl then stir it all together whilst adding the flour. Pour the mixture into greased ramekins or a muffin tray, it should make about 9 small cakes, and bake at 200 degrees C for 8 to 10 mins.

I think I left mine in the oven for a couple of minutes too long, but they were still really good, and they still tasted great the next day, just like chocolate brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment